Doug Schroeder Method, Double ic

I think this topic deserves its own thread , where use double ic through y adapters , from source to preamp, Can’t connect it from Preamp to Amp...For me the result is huge, I can’t go back to single ic....
128x128jayctoy
Right Doug....2 -1 meter pair (phono to preamp, silver disc player to preamp) and 1- 5 1/2 meter pair from preamp to amp. Still not broken in.....interesting the 1 cable that is oldest is phono to preamp.... phono sounds WAY better than CD. All balanced XLR cables
I suspect that the equipment used is playing a role. In the case of balanced connections, if the equipment does not support AES48 (the balanced line standard) that you will hear improvements along this line. If the equipment *does* support the standard I would not expect any difference.

Just for fun though, I'll try it in my system. Our preamps have dual outputs so no need for a Y adapter at that end anyway.
Atmosphere....kindly post your findings.....I have a balanced system, am using Doug's system with no Y connectors made by AudioSensibilies, and have experienced a great improvement from regular XLR's

Atmosphere....kindly post your findings.....I have a balanced system, am using Doug's system with no Y connectors made by AudioSensibilies, and have experienced a great improvement from regular XLR's
I will. BTW I'm pretty sure the Aesthetix preamps don't support AES48, so your experience makes sense.