KEF for Near-field?

I currently have KEF x300A for my desk.

I'm looking for a great near-field solution, and am open to thoughts. I'd rather something easy I can buy easily.

Options: I do already own a Peachtree Sky & Audioquest Bi-Wire Cables. I suppose I could move it into the LR (or attempt to sell, but the 300/R3 I can literally pop into place). 

KEF R300: $1,200 (Current prices on sale). 
R3: $2,000 (Worth the $800 premium over R300's?)
LS50 Wireless: $2,000 (Seems ideal; but scared of failure)
matrixrabbit
It's not a specific distance.  The non-technical answer -- nearfield is that listening area where the direct sound is greater than the room reflected sound.
When I say "near-field", I mean the average person sitting nearby, such as at an executive desk. At my desk there's a good 5' separation with the 32" monitor and probably 4' to my chair. That's at least how I placed them, angled in with the app set to "extra" bass. 

Now the question is what's a good choice for the living room, at a reasonable cost? @audiotroy  
onhwy61
... nearfield is that listening area where the direct sound is greater than the room reflected sound
I can’t imagine a domestic scenario where reflected sound could be greater than the direct sound. For that to happen, I think you’d have to repeal the Law of Conservation of Energy.

Unless, maybe, you’re using Bose 901s.
Nearly everything on this post, and many others. rely on the laws of psychics. Logical .
However el brain did not take psychics so it just goes on doing things that psychics say is impossible .Brain can discern elements in the speed of light so the speed of sound is no sweat .