Duntech repairs?

Hello, I just acquired an early pair of Marquis. The previous owner says they are all original but one driver is clearly different. I contacted Duntech and they said they had NOS Vifa recone kits but did not give me pricing and would only recommended I sell the old Marquis and buy the new Marquis model from them when released. I have asked for information (removal proceedure) to verify drivers and repair/recone pricing three times but they have not responded. Any advice from vintage Duntech or Dunlavy owners?
sugarshed
I would check with Vifa or someone like Madisound. I wouldn't do any business with a company that didn't support their own products. There are several DYI audio forums that might help.
Thanks, do you know if the drivers Duntech used were actually vifa? I read that some early models used dyn drivers. I unscrewed the mounting ring to remove and inspect a driver but it didn't budge and I was afraid to force anything. It is my understanding that the vifas Duntech did use are no longer produced and that vifa is not the same company it once was. I agree, why would I buy new product from a company that does not honor thier legacy? I was floored by thier recommendation as I would never sell speakers with unmatched drivers. I am not familiar with Madisound, do you have any experience with them?

I sold a pair a while back to a buddy who refinished them. You are right the original Marquis (PLC) were fitted with Dynaudio drivers. If I remember right it cost him about $300 a driver and they were very difficult to get.

However if you can fine a new set those speaker rock. They were one of the most revealing life like speaker I've ever heard. They were designed by the late great Mr. Dunlavy…

Good luck.

Tony