People That Have Upgraded From Harbeth 30.1s....

.... what speaker did you buy? 
dhcod
CD318    when does it not come down to personal  preference , I guess when you are needing a professional  system for specific  reasons , so in my case it is a personal preference of sound of "life " over   the Harbeth sound .BTW , I can make my  Klipsch sound  very much like my  Harbeth by placing  a towel or light blanket over the horn .It's similar in difference  between high humidity and dry climate .One suppresses you and the other lifts you up , inspires you .The Klipsch inspires me as does the Sedona  climate .I grew up in high humidity , I know the difference .

Yes , I read all the adjectives  placed on the Harbeth   which is one reason I bought them  .   When it comes to music , I need to go with emotions over mind  , after all , music is an emotion experience .
Please do not be offended by what I wrote , my Klipsch inspired my to write this as I am listening to them right now lol

I owned the  Harbeth M30.1 speakers and upgraded to Harbeth M40.2 and could not be happier.

I have owned many speakers over the years and finally found my home with Harbeth speakers.

I really enjoyed the sound of the M30.1 and I was considering adding a sub to get closer to a full range sound. Decided to upgrade to the new M40.2 instead. Best move I ever made.

Yogiboy,

You are right about Harbeth C7 not being the same speaker as the M30.1. The C7 is probably the warmest sounding speaker in their line up.

Even though all of the Harbeth models have a similar house sound, each model can sound very different from each other.

Just now sold the pair  via CL   for $2500 , what I paid for them .
In the future , I can see having a pair of the 40.1 
, as long as I can sell them for the same price as I purchased them for