Do you ever do this before you listen?

Hello everyone. I was at an audio store today with a friend that was auditioning a pair of speakers and the salesman told us to clear our ears by pinching the nose then blowing through your nose to make the ears pop (clearing them). I have to admit the music sounded  so much better lol. It makes perfect sense why you would want to do this, but I had just never thought of it. So I thought I would see who else is doing this, and maybe discover some other new tricks. SO what strange things do you do routinely before a listing session? (I know thats a loaded question to ask of this group)
barnettk
chewing gum or just swallowing gives the same effects.............most of the time. Any medical professional will caution against manually popping your ears - how hard do you have to "blow" to achieve it?
@ianrodger 

Not hard. At least for me anyway. I barely blow. Pinch your nose and lightly try to blow through your nose. It’s not that big a deal. Same as equalizing the pressure when flying. Chewing gum does help I would imagine. Drinking something also will often do the trick. I’m not suggesting that you blow your brains out just lightly. Actually I am able to do it without even pinching my nose. You can open your mouth, tilt your head back and breath out through your mouth and achieve the same result. 
@elizabeth regarding the Neti pot. Do they really work? I have been tempted to get one but not sure I would like the sensation of water moving through my nose like that. I have sinus problems and if it works it might be a good thing for me. 
@barnettk

I can confirm that sinus rinsing work. At the very least the irrigation with salts really is very soothing, and sometimes can help end allergies a little faster. I cheat and use the squeeze bottle variety:

https://amzn.to/2THzjjY

Please be _SURE_ you used distilled water or boild water. Distilled is best, because you will add salts, and that makes sure they reach the right equilibrium.

A lady recently died after having her brain eaten by an amoeba because of a netti pot and tap water. Kind of puts a damper on listening to music when that happens. 
Also, in terms of hearing, I have found that Nivea shower wash does a really good job of cleaning out my ears when used consistently.

https://amzn.to/2VSAaAm