Are high sample rates making your music sound worse?

ishkabibil
No not at all I was saying the article confirms my thinking about Dacs and digital components in general nothing about the thread.
The nature of this topic is obviously discursive and subject to multitudes. What seems important here is that all of our experiences are valid. High resolution recordings and up sampling are nebulous, in that there may not be absolutes about what works best in all cases. Hence, my question about the playback of a vinyl to digital transfer.
mzkmxcv353 postsSince no one >10 can hear over 20kHz, there is no point to listening to something like 192kHz in the first place, if your amp can even properly playback such high frequencies, all you are doing is increasing the chances of driving your tweeter into distortion.

That is, I am afraid, nonsense. My long term dealer and I sat in DCS demonstration room and agreed that upsampling to 192, generally but not always, resulted in a better listening experience, and indeed preferable to upsampling to dsd. I have then at home set my DCS  upsampler to 192 after I confirmed the findings in my home environment. Your upsampler may be inferior of course .... And my speakers are B&W800d3s and are not adversely affected by 192 as you falsely claim again, so again you are possibly listening to inferior speakers and making generalisations on a totally a false premis. I can ask B&W if they agree with you, but I won't bother.
And by the way I find digital copies of vinyl records totally lifeless and pointless.  I prefer listening to the actual vinyl or a properly recorded digital version, upsampled if appropriate. Naysay if you wish, but that is pointless as all that does is to falsely tell me my listening is inferior, which it isn't.
tatyana, my reference to a vinyl to digital transfer wasn't to imply that this recording was good, bad or indifferent. It's just something that is different from my experiences with other digital files and I am curious as to why. Like I said, various components have there own characteristics due to filters, power outputs, etc...
Some DAC's are built for non up sampling. My DAC does up sample and so I up sample to 96 kHz in most cases.
I don't mean to imply that my equipment or opinion is superior to any one else's, just that oversampling in most situations, for me, has proven to be problematic when it comes to sound quality.
I happen to prefer DSD to PCM but I don't up sample DSD.

“Since no one >10 can hear over 20kHz, there is no point to listening to something like 192kHz in the first place, if your amp can even properly playback such high frequencies, all you are doing is increasing the chances of driving your tweeter into distortion“

Total BS......

Basically speaking, the higher your bit-depth/sampling rate, the "better" quality recording you’ll get. You just to need make sure your equipment is up to the task.

The 24bit/196khz files on Qobuz sounds much more dynamic over 16bit/44.1kHz files on Tidal.