Aurender vs. Roon

I would greatly appreciiate any input on something I was told yesterday by a learned audiophile. A) that aurenders conductor app is inferior to roon. That is probably a given. However, I thought Roon will interact with the conductor app. so if that is the case then you can have the best of both worlds.  Also, Roon has better audio quality the Aurender? Aside from that, is the landscape moving toward Roon? Reason I ask is I have been looking at Aurender streamers to purchase and there seems to be more and more of them for sale on Audiogon and US Audio Mart etc. Is it possible Roon Ready devices are going to be the newest frontier so why bother with Aurender if they are not going to support it? Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions.
mrdon
Can we take a little more of a deeper dive into the benefits of adding a Roon Nucleus to a home with many Sonos devices outside of my listening room, but with an NAD Masters Series M50.2 and a Blusound Node 2i in the listening room? I have a smart home with robust mesh network WiFi. To boil it down, how does the Roon Nucleus integrate with Sonos devices and or a Sonos Boost and also Blusound Node 2i devices? Thanks. 
kingbarbuda, Roon software can be added to any home computer on the network as well. 

Nad M50.2 is your server and can be picked up as a Roon endpoint, also any Sonos device is the same way. 

The idea of getting a high end server like a Roon Nucleus or an Innuous would be to replace your Node in the music room with a direct connection via USB to your dac providing your dac accepts Usb.

If you have a modern dac that can do DSD or high resolution PCM you can output any of these frequencies to your dac and we have found that high res PCM or DSD files generally sound far superior to the 16 bit 44k original sample.

We would recommend that you look at the Innuous products as they are true audiophile grade servers that can also house the Roon program.

You could selll both the Bluesound Node and the NAD M 50.2 and replace them both with the Innuous server and get far better sound quality out of your dac. 

The difference with the NAD M50.2 is that is has a built in raid drive and analog output a Nucleus or Innuous would require an external back  up drive.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Innuous and Aurender, and NAD dealers
@audiotroy 
Thanks, but no thanks. 
I wanted to offer the OP my opinion between the two manufacturers he asked about. But, now that you have injected a third company, I feel it only fair to point him to a fourth- Sam Laufer's Memory Player. Though not in the same price range, he does offer the Mini Player at a very reasonable price, as well as software that can be implemented independently. 
I only post this so the OP has as many choices to make a informed decision.

B
So far i have seen quite a bit of discussion, some with an aim to resolve the original question/s and others maybe not. Never the less, i am getting something out of every post and greatly appreciate the bigger picture some of you are painting.. Keep-em coming (suggestions)..  
@audiotroy My Nucleus was $1,400, not $2,500.  I don't need DSP.  This is a completely different price point than the $2,600 Innuous Zen server.  Bring one over the Hudson to my apartment in FiDi and we can compare the SQ :).

Linear power supply is coming from Roon, or one can purchase various LPSs from ~$150-$500.

One can build/buy and Intel NUC for less (half?), but I wanted something very turnkey.