People That Have Upgraded From Harbeth 30.1s....

.... what speaker did you buy? 
dhcod
Great post @prof and I recognise many similarities with my Harbeth vs ATC comparison.

I upgraded from 30.1's to Harbeth 40.1's and absolutely love them.  I want to get 40.2's but I can't justify the cost when the 40.1's are so perfect.  
I've been hoping for a reasonable priced used 40.1 to pop up. My wife hasn't :)
You're lucky you don't  live in Australia, the 40.2 currently lists for over $23K and $2.5K extra for the anniversary model.
A bit of sticker shock when I payed less than $4K for my 30.1's 6yrs ago.
The big ATC's are even more expensive, so I'll probably be sticking with my smaller monitors + sub arrangement.
@prof  Thanks for that. It's a good a write up on the Harbeth sound as I've read since R.E.G. 

The Harbeth lossy cabinet design is in direct opposition to the brute force inertia approach adopted by almost everyone else so it's very helpful to read your impressions.

I guess Alan Shaw himself would be happy to hear that all his efforts result in 'an almost peerless' rendition of the the human voice.

This has always been the key priority for Harbeth, no doubt stemming from it's BBC legacy where it's major emphasis on the clarity of speech.