Any experience with Tannoy loudspeakers?

I need feedback fro Tannoy owners.  Did you satisfy with bass extensions   ? soundstage
128x128bache
I have Tannoy 8 dcTi from their Definition line.  The Tannoy's are positioned about 3' from the back wall and 3' from each side wall. My room size is 12' wide, 13' long, with 9' ceilings.

I use a NAD M12 pre/dac and NAD M22 v2 power amp.  I listen to jazz and old school R&B streaming Tidal and ripped CDs from a Innous Zenith MKII via Roon, and vinyl from a Technics SL-1200G with Ortofon Quintet Black cart.  I love the music, sound of the vocals, and I get a nice tight bass.  The music is crystal clear and the sound stage is quite good.

I have the Kensington's.  I agree with Mulveling on the recommended toe in - baffled is a good word (because presumably the manufacturer knows what they are talking about).  They did not seem to image well when I tried it.  My room is 21 x 14 and they fire towards the length of the room.  I have wondered if their toe in would make sense if you had something like the Westminsters in a huge room in the corners, spaced very widely apart.  By toeing them in (such that they cross over in front of the listener), perhaps it would lessen the first-wall reflection .  But who knows.  
There is a good reason why tannoys cost so much - enclosures are what they seem to excell at. They may look simple on the outside, but...
https://www.google.com/search?q=tannoy+enclosure+pics&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CeKpLE5U2wHlIjiCmXQ-...

I steer clear of DIY when it comes to speakers, especially if selecting expensive drivers, simply because companies invest millions in design/tooling/glues/construction methods and finish, which immediately puts the DIYer at a disadvantage.

I did try building PA speakers, which are not as complex as hi-fi speakers, but even that took some effort to get right.

I've also had a friend that tried to build open baffle speakers, where cabinet design is less complex, but just as critical to "get right". Alas, the crossover proved to be a significant challenge.

I know that Gershman takes their speakers to a lab in Ottawa to prove and refine their cabinet/driver/crossover combinations. That is something most DIYers do not have access to. 

I am a keen DIYer for things like cables and isolation tweaks, and I did build my own turntable plinth, which proved to be an exceptional performer. 

But I choose to leave speaker designs strictly to the professionals.

Regards - Steve
I've heard many Tannoy speakers and generally they tend to have a family sound with generous midbass and a smooth, non-emphasised top end. This can sound slightly shut in compared to some rivals, but never thin.

I love this full (old fashioned?) sound on all the models I've heard (with the exception of one of the large Dimension models which took this fullness a bit too far in my opinion).

The M1, R3, and the HPD 385s all have that classic Tannoy sound. Even the floor standing MX3s sounded like Tannoys despite their elevated treble response.

I have read of complaints regarding sibilance on some vintage models and others seem keen on 'improving' the enclosures on the older models but I'd steer well clear of such ideas.

Its only the fully horn loaded Westminster, so beloved of the late Harvey 'Gizmo' Rosenburg that have elaborate cabinetwork. The rest seem very matter of fact, but this was quite intentional.