Silver plated copper

Please explain to me the theoretical basis of using silver plated copper in cables. Seems counter intuitive to me. Signal would have two paths with different conductivity which would cause distortion.
crwindy
I doubt there's much measurable.

I will say that when I have tried them, I preferred pure copper. I felt the silver/copper cables took a long time before they sounded less harsh, and when they finally did, sounded no better than plain copper.

Of course, I'm probably nuts.

Best,
E
Post removed 
crwindy:
Resistance does not affect the speed of propagation. No distortion is introduced.

dweller:
Skin effect is frequency dependent and negligible at audio frequencies.
All hook up wire is going to distort the signal in some way inevitably.All we can do is find wire that presents distortion we find pleasing to our ears.I don't care for silver plated copper either but other folks love it.I remember seeing a chart somewhere that listed the speed that various metals passed a signal.Silver was fastest,copper a very close second.I don't remember how gold and the other metals fared.
The primary original reason to silver plate copper wire was corrosion resistance. Military, particularly aviation like silver plated copper..Plenty of Mil Spec Silver plated Teflon insulation wire for sale on eBay.                           
I have purchased plenty of it.
No special reason in audio use, particularly up against long grain OFC single crystal 99.999 etc copper.        
Silver plated copper is better for digital, computer and video in general.