Aurender vs. Roon

I would greatly appreciiate any input on something I was told yesterday by a learned audiophile. A) that aurenders conductor app is inferior to roon. That is probably a given. However, I thought Roon will interact with the conductor app. so if that is the case then you can have the best of both worlds.  Also, Roon has better audio quality the Aurender? Aside from that, is the landscape moving toward Roon? Reason I ask is I have been looking at Aurender streamers to purchase and there seems to be more and more of them for sale on Audiogon and US Audio Mart etc. Is it possible Roon Ready devices are going to be the newest frontier so why bother with Aurender if they are not going to support it? Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions.
mrdon
Very impressed with Innuos response time! Goodness they are very good.  Here is what they just said to me....

”Hi William,
Well spotted, we will need to update this as this would have been relevant to the MkII series.The new Mk3 units can handle DSD128 upsampling with no problems at all.”

I will be buying one for sure as I will no longer need my windows based computer.  

William:

I think you won't be disappointed with Innuos. They are great!

I am a bit skeptical on using them for heavy DSP duties. Still.

And I don't know how the comparison is relevant with the SOtM trifecta. None of those components is a Server. Innuos' main function is as a server, with streaming capabilities as a "bonus", and a good one.

Good luck with your purchase. I love my ZENith MK3!
The comparison is the sound quality.  I am willing to keep the window based computer as a Roon core and the SOTM Trifeca as the endpoint. The Innuos allows me to sell the windows computer.  The two can be compared from this standpoint.  Just two different ways to accomplish great sound with the Innuos being less expensive.  Will it sound as good? Not sure.  Perhaps not, but still a nice jump from what I have. 
I sure hope I can take Innuos at their word on this Roon DSP question. Stephen Healy sure gave an strong and certain positive answer.  
@grannyring  Bill, I think you can. Let us know how it goes.

I'd love a one box solution, but experience suggests separation of the two functions for sound quality reasons and for avoiding any hiccups. I say this despite not utilizing DSP or other advanced Roon functionality.