Try before you buy?

So, I've been a part of the audiophile community for a long, long time now. A major part of the hobby, IMHO, has been gear rolling: trying new stuff, deciding if you like it, and then moving on to the next thing. Cable rolling is probably second only to tube rolling.
When I was at MIT all those years ago, I decided the industry really needed a true lending library. So, I've been building one and have had huge support from cable companies like MIT and Cardas. It's good for them to let people try their cables out to see how much they like them, if at all. Consumers who really fall in love with a pair of cables will eventually buy, either on the used market here on AudiogoN, or on the new market through authorized resellers.
Anyway, I wondered how many of you would use such a library, and, if so, how you think it might change the way you buy audio gear (if at all). I'd love your feedback.
gavn8r
@vista1868 - Good points, all.
@michaelgreenaudio - Yep, Robert is the man. And thanks!
@vista1868 - I would love to carry all sorts of cables from other manufacturers large and small. If you have any contacts that I could reach out to, please let me know. I'd love that.
I do not think you need to be so concerned with abuse of any kind . No matter what safeguards you put in place to protect from the few in society who are looking to take advantage of things , they will do what they do . Now if you make it so safe for yourself you exclude the regular folks who do not want to cover extra costs of these safe guards . In the long term you will do more business . I have been aware of the Cable Company for years , I have read their policies and the extra costs keep me from using it . 

I agree, @maplegrovemusic. With the way I've designed Lendi, there will be bad players who take advantage of the system. But they'll only do it once before everybody else in the community decided they won't deal with them anymore. Thanks for the comment!

I don't know if this helps or not, but what I have started doing again is sending a full stock of my cables to certain listening hubs and let them pass them around among their friends on an honor system basis. Malaysia for example (great listeners) has a complete compliment of all the Bare Essence and Picasso Types. I do the same thing with the new Rev6 speakers.

The audiophile community has always been about friends helping friends. Maybe that way of doing things did loose a little ground there for a while but we're getting back to that gentlemanly pursuit of goodwill and great music again in our hobby. That's one of the good things about being a small community.

MG