People That Have Upgraded From Harbeth 30.1s....

.... what speaker did you buy? 
dhcod

I can’t figure out who inspired jethro1964’s rant.

Someone hasn’t had his morning coffee? ;-)
I fed them with a pass labs amp/pre, schiit yggdrasil and top of the line pioneer stable platter system. pretty sure it was more than up to the task. how about you pull your head out of your ass?
I was also wondering which post inspired the rant, but I agree with jethro1964. I own and enjoy Harbeths, but I simply can't understand why Mr. Shaw sidesteps the amplification thing. To say any well designed amp over 50 (or whatever) watts will give you great sound does not make sense to me. It's a very well designed speaker, and it will easily allow someone to hear the flaws in a mediocre amp. Then on the same token, it will allow a better amp to shine. 
@d2girls Thanks for your helpful response. Do you own both the GR12 and JBL? Is there anywhere to audition the Coherent Audio speaker in US?

I’ve found out easier to listen to midrange often don’t have the dynamic contrast and punch for rock music. For example, Devore Super 9. It has propulsive bass but a bit flat sounding for rock. But the midrange to die for.

Do you think the GR12 has the dynamics punch and grunt for rock compare to JBL? And the GR12 would be better for rock compare to the Harbeth sound? It’s safe to assume both Harbeth and Coherent Audio speaker makes average quality rock recording listenable?

Btw, max tricked out GR12 can be close to $6k.

Also, for a room of size 17'x12' Harbeth or GR12/15 would suit better? From your post, JBL 4367 seems very small room friendly. However, the humongous size gives me pause. 
What don’t you like about the 30.1 that you feel an upgrade is needed? I'm just curious!