Why not horns?

I've owned a lot of speakers over the years but I have never experienced anything like the midrange reproduction from my horns. With a frequency response of 300 Hz. up to 14 Khz. from a single distortionless driver, it seems like a no-brainer that everyone would want this performance. Why don't you use horns?
macrojack
Honk, honk!

Seriously though, some are pretty good if the system is voiced and implemented well. That said, most aren't plug and play as your room interaction is can be greater.
Shadorne,

I have yet seen or heard any speaker which can play loud with such low 0.3% THD. You might be able to get a measurement In the lab playing a single sine wave signal at a particular frequency at a particular level, but I don't know of any speaker which can achieve such low THD over a wider frequency range with dynamic signal. If you know of any, curious mind would love to know.
I have yet seen or heard any speaker which can play loud with such low 0.3% THD.

ATC claim this on their highest end designs such as the SCM300 while playing at 121 dB SPL (definitely loud). I am skeptical that they can actually achieve this down to 20 Hz but I imagine it is not far off the truth especially with a 6 db bass boost from a typical soffit mount - certainly from 40 to 20 Khz it can probably be done. Of course, at normal volume levels the distortion is probably even slightly lower but 0.3% THD is definitely approaching the limits of speaker technology even at moderate volume levels.

See this review
I'm sure there are a number of people who have done extensive listening on very good horn systems who prefer something else, but my guess is that most people who "loathe" horns have never heard them properly implemented. Kind of like saying hamburgers suck when the only place you've had one is McDonalds.

Herman, you might be guessing right, but how many hundreds of opportunities does it take for horn enthusiasts to properly implement them?