CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
Apples to Oranges.Put on a recording that has been mastered correctly and everything is fine.Get off the Vs thread and save this hobby.
Audio lovers/Audiophiles got absolutely crushed by the mp3 folks!!!

not all CD playback is created equal, and not all vinyl is created equal.

use of words like 'always' and inferring universal domination by vinyl is not helpful. but I agree with some of the spirit of what you are saying.

at the top of the food chain for both formats vinyl is better, but CD (or 16/44 files) can sound awesome.....even compared to great vinyl. and surpassing the very best digital will cost you dearly in dollars.

OTOH maybe you need to find yourself better digital playback if you are open minded enough to consider it?

Agreed with the comments so far: words like "always" aren’t helpful and I can’t take anyone’s claim seriously with descriptions like "always looking through a dirty window pane."

Though I do think the OP was jesting somewhat as a flame on the other thread.

Both digital and LP can be awesome. I’m crazy about vinyl these days, but my digital source - just ripped CDs and Tidal streamed to a regular old Benchmark DAC - continues to sound fantastic - pristine, clear, beautiful. Admittedly things do get some help in sounding rounded and organic going through my Conrad Johnson tube gear. But in any case I’ve had many great listening experiences with digital in plenty of systems, not just mine.

And besides, there’s no good argument against digital’s better potential accuracy. A good digital needle-drop copy can accurately capture the sound of vinyl more than the reverse.