The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Tri amped Koss Model One
Infinity Reference System 
Big Snell speakers
Original Sound Lab

First of all , i think that it can not stand alone as there are other factors into this than just the speaker itself . And many of us might not be so fortunate as to hear " The best speaker " with a lot of different amps. and cables to make sure its still the best.
And also what brands do one have in the area where one lives. !

Well apart from all that the best i heard so far has been Wilson Audio Sasha 2
The revel salon2 was the best sounding system I heard til I bought them and brought them home. now I disagree with the OP and while speakers are important all the pieces of the puzzle have to fit in a hi rez system for it to be musical.
Dead on Steve.  This is why they call it a system.  Synergy is important. Find a speaker you seem to love in your price range and then match the components.  Too may folks just buy and sell speakers and then trash them or wax poetic.  JMHO