CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65

Agreed with the comments so far: words like "always" aren’t helpful and I can’t take anyone’s claim seriously with descriptions like "always looking through a dirty window pane."

Though I do think the OP was jesting somewhat as a flame on the other thread.

Both digital and LP can be awesome. I’m crazy about vinyl these days, but my digital source - just ripped CDs and Tidal streamed to a regular old Benchmark DAC - continues to sound fantastic - pristine, clear, beautiful. Admittedly things do get some help in sounding rounded and organic going through my Conrad Johnson tube gear. But in any case I’ve had many great listening experiences with digital in plenty of systems, not just mine.

And besides, there’s no good argument against digital’s better potential accuracy. A good digital needle-drop copy can accurately capture the sound of vinyl more than the reverse.
CD always sounds so cold and gritty
Only if the CD is bad, the player is bad, or both.

There are bad records and bad CD's, and there are examples of both that are quite good. I have always believed that vinyl is superior just because of the way it's made......it's a real time recording of a musical performance whereas CD is is little "chops" of the performance. If you had digital ears, digital recordings would sound superior but our ears are analog. Having said that, I do have discs that sound good and records that sound bad but it's not the format that makes it so, it's the recording engineer.
Post removed