BUSTED: UK company is raided for fake vinyl production

This is pretty interesting:

https://www.securingindustry.com/fake-vinyl-record-pressing-plant-busted-in-uk/s112/a8989/#.XEXrXVxK...

I wonder how much start-up costs there were with this and what their return on investment would be?  Seems to me, this is a very hard way to make money...
128x128mofimadness

Weren’t pre-war 78’s recorded live-to-disc? There were no tape recorders available for the recording of music until after WWII (the Germans invented the recorder for tricking the Allies, "time shifting" fake news), and direct-to-disc LP’s remain the highest fidelity music sources I’ve ever heard.

Elvis Presley’s five Sun Records singles (1955-6) were recorded to tape, and offered on both 10" 78’s and 7" 45 RPM discs. They were distributed in only the southern states, and are worth some money in excellent condition. But not being direct-to-disc, they are not that rare, nor that good sounding in pure audiophile terms. But musically, awesome! A Blues on one side, a Hillbilly on the other. Elvis, guitarist Scotty Moore, upright bassist Bill Black (and later drummer D.J. Fontana, plucked out of a band that performed behind burlesque "dancers" ;-), and Sun Records owner and recording engineer Sam Phillips invented Rockabilly.

Indeed, these records were cut direct-to-disc.
The process used was beautifully demonstrated and filmed on the recent American Epic PBS documentary, URL here

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/american-epic/
Look under "American Epic Sessions". This shows modern day artists (like Jack White, Elton John etc) all recording direct-to-disc on 78rpm using the last surviving mastering machine of its type.
I bought a Smiths LP and a Paul Weller LP on ebay recently from a seller in the U.K.  When I received them it was obvious they were counterfeit.  
I sent the seller a message and he immediately refunded my money and let me keep the records.  I guess he didn't want to take any chances I would report him to ebay.  On Discogs there are countless listings for counterfeit pressings of all kinds of music.  They don't allow it to be sold there, but they document the fakes.  They are everywhere.  Even my local record stores sell fakes.  What makes me mad is they have absolutely no collector's or resale value.  Might as throw your money away.   
my local used record store sold me a copy of a hard to find album in cd
format  its the jewel box
empty on the shelf.   They 
put the CD in the jewel case.  you get it home and
it looks like to 100,s of 
blank CD you burned 
  same thing