Vandersteen VLR CT

Just noticed that the VLR CT is now on the Vandersteen website:  https://www.vandersteen.com/products/vlr-ct

Eager to hear any impressions on this little guy.
cedargrover
sometimes picking up the phone is hyper productive and cuts thru speculation ( my own included )... press 2 to connect with Richard...he is working today..

yes, very pistonic
no change to binding post, they utilize terminal strips same as used everywhere in the line which facilitates a direct connection to the crossovers...no wire needed.  ( as an aside, for those of us who have taken Vandersteen apart to replace crossover bias batteries in the 5a for example understand how cool and robust the direct connection is !!!!! )
yes some upgraded and changed components in the filters
and unlike the regular VLR
they go into anechoic chamber for hand tuning to the drivers...
the RV builds the carbon tweeter dome in house...

so add all that up and to me anyway does not sound like rent jacking....

Jon at Ultra Fidelis has sold many, many pair of the new VLR-CT

suggest a phone call to him as well.

best to all, enjoy the music !!!!!

disclosure, I own 3 pair of Vandersteen in a collection of ten pair of speakers...well ten is the number I use for WAF....
I wish he would offer the CT upgrade for my Treo's.
@cedargrove,
I need to let Johnny look at my AX-7e, I will try to see if he can set the two speakers up for a demo.
B
gdnrbob,

Is it within your budget to possibly sell/trade your standard Treo's and get the CT version? A couple of years ago RV told me the Carbon Tweets were about $1500 per pair. Said he could make two pair a day. Sounds pretty labor intensive.
@mr_m ,
I wish I could buy them new.
And, I haven't seen any used Treo CT's on Hifi Shark, either, which is probably a good thing, as that means people don't want to change.
To be honest, I think my non-CT Treo's are amazing. Since I can't go that route, I am trying to sell some unused equipment and get the Sub 3's.
If by some miracle, Mr. V. would do an upgrade, I would have to get another pair of speakers to listen to while they are in the shop.
I've had my eyes on a pair of MBL 126's for some time. I haven't heard them, but I like the design, and heard good things about them.
B