CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
If we could have master tape dubs we wouldn't bother with either.
Given good recordings, in terms of sound naturalness even $500 turntable set-up will sound better than any digital, though.
This subject keeps coming as if there was anything unclear. There is no debate, only poor hearing in some cases and commercial interests.
Dream on sleepy head. Every time you play that vinyl you are wearing it out and you won't be able to source replacements of equal quality or possibly of any quality. Plus, your needle is wearing out and will need replacing. Meanwhile, my CD or digital file is capable of reproducing its original quality, time after time. Yes, I understand that the CD may well become unplayable too but the backed-up FLAC copy of it will never degrade or disappear and in fact will sound better and better (up to a point) as DAC quality gets better and better.
Since the master for vinyl is almost always different than the master for CD (if not always different), it is virtually impossible to make a meaning comparison between the different formats.  You can’t determine if the differences are because of the formats, or because of the different masters.  
I have a $8000 turntable setup, and a $5000 streamer/DAC.  On most of what I listen to, the vinyl sounds better.  But sometimes CD is better.  But the differences in the source quality, imho, far outweighs the differences in playback capabilities.  The source quality is almost always because of the mastering process, particularly how much processing (and what type) took place.