CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
The OP is making a nonsense claim. A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of visiting my mate who has a top-end Naim set up (Naim Statement pre amp, CD555) with a Linn LP12 deck. So £20k of CD player and the same for the LP12. We compared the vinyl and CD of a number of titles. Both sounded fantastic and the differences were not huge. I would say that more sounded better on CD than vinyl though my friend thought the opposite. The only definitive thing was that bass was deeper on CD on modern recordings (eg Random Access Memories by Daft Punk). I would argue that the differences we heard were more to do with the mastering than the format.

In summary: the differences between CD and vinyl on high-end equipment are marginal - high-end replay of vinyl and digital are essentially similar.  The differences you hear will be more to do with the differences in the respective mastering than in the format itself.   If you are hearing big differences between the two formats then something is wrong with the part of your system playing the poorer sounding format.
The only definitive thing was that bass was deeper on CD on modern recordings (eg Random Access Memories by Daft Punk).
£20k of CD player to listen to the rubbish like the Daft Punk ?

Do you realize that they are recorded digitally in the studio, so what is the point to compare vinyl recorded from the digital master to a CD from a digital master ?

The goal of analog is ANALOG, not a digital converted to analog.

Get youself some proper original records from the 70’s to make sure you’re listening to the state of the art analog, not a digitally remastered reissue or new music recorded digitally. Original pressing from analog master tape is where the vinyl is better than CD of the same music recorded later from digital source. 

Also the phono cartridge is the key to analog.

I used analogy with religions to point out that digital believers

have their own church to address their believe in digital in their

own  forum while we the analog believers have our own. However

our moderators thought that this is some kind of ''political

statement'' and removed my post. It is not easy to accept such

removal if one has no idea why. But I do have some assumptions.

Is this thread in response to the CD "crushing" vinyl thread?

Lots of crushing going on lately...

As if AAD and ADD CDs don’t sound awful enough DDD CDs sound even worse. That’s the fully Monty digital experience.