Who Here Makes Their Own Power Cables?

I love making cables for my guitars, amps etc. and I want to build two+ cables for my Mac pre and my future power amp... any thoughts?
128x128captbeaver
I've spent a lot of $$ on connectors, cable and all the trimmings... what is worse is that I found how I wind them or braid them greatly affects the sound (and often sucked pretty bad... made the sound seem "strained" and heavy if the twists weren't exactly spaced).  Say what you want about cables, but I think geometry and termination make a huge difference in the sound.  Bottom line, I gave up and run mostly Kimber and some Siltech now.  I never had the tools or skill to make a really well finished and good sounding cable.  Hope you have better luck!!
Thanks Mr. Wonka.... I am one that like to try things and sort them out to perfection... as close as my skill set will allow... I am a retired Chef.
@captbeaver - the Helix cables take three skills, other than cutting and stripping wires and using a screw driver...
1. use of a variable speed drill - i.e. at different speeds
2. solder a reasonable joint (but that is only mandatory  for the Interconnect cables)
3. Know how to crimp a spade connector onto a wire

Using the heatshrink or expandable sleaving is pretty intuitive, but try a test piece first.

Screw-clamp bananas plugs can replace the soldered Banana connectors on the speaker cables is you prefer

You do not have to solder the spades on the power cables either, that is just my preference. Crimping will suffice

They probably look more complicated than they really are, but you should probably practice winding the spiral and spacing it using an old piece of wire first - I used some old Romex house wire first

With the actual wire identified on my web site holds the Helix spiral shape nicely. Then once the live wire is inserted into the helix spiral, you simply stretch it out evenly to the length of the live wire. If you stretch it too far simply compress the coil and start over

For the power cables, before stretching the neutral and the ground wires I attach the mains plug, because it holds the coils together. 

If there is an area on my web site you feel requires more explanation let me know and I may add more pictures or text

Regards - Steve

I made my own simple pc per some direction from Duster at the Cable Asylum. Two meters Oyaide Black Mamba cable and their moderately upscale connectors ~$100 each. Total was a bit more than $400 and judging by the sq I got after a *lengthy* break-in it’s been worth every centavo. Not difficult, but you do need to take care.  Have a new set of the Synergistic Blue power cables I really like too but have not A/B’d was the two.