Luxman Integrated - What do they sound like

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering getting myself a late 2018 Christma present or early 2019 birthday present.

Modern Luxman reviews are really hard to come by, and are generally just superlative without being very qualitative. I mean, it's all "rah rah rah!! " and no actual details.
For anyone who has listened to them lately, can you tell me what they actually sound like in comparison to other nice amps I might have heard?

Thank you,
Erik

erik_squires
valinar, go look at the link I posted in one of the first replies of the thread. My answer is based on measured performance of the amp. I’ve always wondered why Luxman wasn’t more forthcoming, it seems like they wanted only to focus on the class A output of the amp, disregarding the rest.

Here you go, I found a review by the same people of the L-550AX, they measured it at 66W into 8 ohms, and 121W into 4 ohms. Take from it what you will I guess.
http://www.navratilaudio.cz/novinky/Test%20L-550AX%20-%203%20str%E1nky.pdf
My own remark was also the result of reading a review of the original L-550AX where measurements were made. I can’t for the life of me remember the site, but I do remember they stated an output of 78W when driven to the max.

It would have been nice to have the full skinny from Luxman, but obviously they want people to think of these amps as pure class A devices. Which isn’t a bad thing in my opinion, as people would likely buy them in order to pair them with less inefficient speakers if the max output was detailed, thereby quite possibly negating the whole point of owning a Class A amp.
This was an interesting review .... despite having separate pre and power in main system - this review made me lust after simpler things. Speakers / integrated / streamer / deck

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2018/11/25/hi-fi-review-luxman-590-axii-integrated-amplifier-review-by...
Funny this subject coming up. I just ordered the Luxman 507 UX-11. I was talked out of a Mcintosh MA8900 by the salesman. The  guy said I would be happier running my Tannoy Sterling gold reference speakers with the Luxman. It seems  that I've read or heard that  Macintosh owners are trading in units for Luxman amps. Not sure why.