AC Power Question

I am repositioning my system and need to install ac outlets. I assume its a good idea to have a dedicated circuit for my system below ( stereo only). Should i have 2 dedicated circuits? 15 or 20 amps? I may also have a power conditioner in the loop as well. Thanks in advance for any thoughts and advice on do's and don'ts.... 

CJ 16LSII preamp
Levinson 532H amp
BW 803D3
Roon Nucleus server
Mytek dac
SACD player
Basis turntable
Heed phono pre
Large screen TV
Apple TV
Cable box
WiFi router

Ag insider logo xs@2xepatrowicz
The load placed on each of Lowrider57’s circuits is minimal and relatively steady. Placing both on the same leg is good practice based on the application. If you think you’re going to have a perfectly balanced panel just by arbitrarily splitting loads, you are in fantasy land. The only way to balance a panel is by doing measurements, and even then at one instant the balance will be different than the next. 
@ sleepwalker...huh? Now that sounds like noise. Just trying to point out a few things, take it or leave it. You get time, ask jea, doubt I’m wrong but ya just never know. Have a good evenin :)
clearthink599 posts01-23-2019 2:56pm

noromance"if using two runs off two breakers, make sure they are on the same phase or you could get noise"

That is myth, fiction, and misinformation there is no truth, validity, or basis for this claim where do you think the "noise" will come from!

//

almarg8,594 posts05-16-2013 9:59am

Regarding the issue of splitting the load between two AC phases, as is usually the case I am in complete agreement with Jim (and Foster_9 and Pbnaudio who expressed similar positions), at least in situations where the AC draw of the system is not unusually large.

I looked through the ExactPower paper Jim referenced, the relevance of which is captured in its subtitle, "A practical guide for AV designers, installers, and electricians."

As an EE with extensive background designing analog and digital circuits (not for audio) I find the paper to be authoritative and credible. Which is to be expected, considering its authors. Among them, Henry Ott (biography here), is a world renowned authority on numerous aspects of electrical and electronic design. Bill Whitlock (biography here) is certainly no slouch either. Some excerpts from their paper:
Less than 300 microamps of ground loop current can cause hum as it flows in an unbalanced audio interconnect cable. However, harmonics of 60Hz that are generated from lighting dimmers or switch-mode power supplies sound like �Buzzz� mixed with a bit of �Hummm� and are more easily coupled by even smaller currents. Harmonics can add together when equipment is powered from different phases, so clearly there is an advantage to specifying same-phase electrical service to power the electronics systems in most cases....

Any leakage currents on the safety ground wires of split single phase load circuits fed by different phase legs will add together due to the 240V potential difference....

Power conditioners do not solve any of these common problems: Cross phase coupling (doubles hums & buzzes) .... What actually does solve them: Same phase power.
Also, regarding ground loops, I would commend this paper by Bill Whitlock to everyone’s attention, particularly the first page. It seems to me that if leakage current finding its way to the chassis (and safety ground) of a given component, via stray capacitance in the power transformer, EMI/RFI filters, etc., is out of phase with leakage current in another component that it is interconnected with, inter-chassis current flow between the two components, and therefore susceptibility to ground loop-related hum and noise, will have been maximized.

Regards,
-- Al
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/dedicated-power-lines  

Bill Whitlock
https://centralindianaaes.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/indy-aes-2012-seminar-w-notes-v1-0.pdf

Al, (almarg), just does a better job of explaining things.

Cheers,
Jim

@ jea...hmph, imagine that, interesting. Residential wiring, something I left to the romex guys, my forte was industrial environments. I learn something everyday. Rest assured, big difference; grounding grids, isolated grounding, and transformer makeup providing the power. Clean power, dirty power, who knows what other kinds of power has been deemed since I left...*chuckles
The electrician and the audiophile. Apart from safety and codes - obviously important to both parties - will never be in agreement about what happens to sensitive audio gear at the microvolt level. #sameleg