Hey RICH Audiophiles

Why don't one of you incredibly wealthy audiophiles whose systems I drool over every day start an Audiophile Rental business?
 Imagine how easy to simply rent a set of speakers or amp for a nominal fee so us POOR enthusiasts could demo it in our own home/system without restocking fees or massive depreciation when reselling..No more sitting in traffic,wasting gas & polluting the environment running from dealer to dealer only to be greeting by horrible listening conditions that give you ABSOLUTELY no idea how a piece of gear will actually sound in your own listening room...
freediver
So that's frustrating! Sorry for the double posting of basically nothing. I meant to positively acknowledge schubert's wise quote.
Well I have a have a main system which cost over $50K. I used to have $50K speakers and even more expensive amps. So you want to hear my answer? If you can’t afford it stop asking. If you are serious then get on a plane or hit the road in your car and go to dealers who have the equipment you want. I also used to own a very high end shop in NYC. Your room is not the issue if you purchase appropriate size speakers Measure your room, understand it’s physical make up—what;s in it that moves and what’s attached like bookcases as well as if they are flat and parallel surfaces or not. The problem with you audiophiles is that most have beer budgets and Champaign tastes. Find a used Ferrari just remember that its maintenance costs are commensurate with the initial and evolved prices. If you purchase from a dealer and you allow them to help you build the system then you are likely to find success and happiness, but if you troll Audiogon etc and buy crap because you heard it was good....have at it. Your speakers are what interacts with your room not the rest of your system. Now, “for a nominal fee” with no restock or shipping/delivery charges”? You are being ridiculous!!! If you want Maggies you can go to Minnesota. But your room is controllable. Know and learn what you like and then buy. Being impetuous is what is responsible for so much equipment being available on the used market. Let me ask one question: have you ever asked to test drive a Porsche 911 Turbo or GT3, no less a Ferrari or Lamborghini? Have you every wanted to rent the $10,000 a month 1-bedroom apartment in LA or Manhattan? You don;’t get through the door with your $75K job; you need proof that you can actually afford it. Sure the $5000 place you can tour, the Maserati you might be able to test drive too, but if you want to purchase anything that depreciates and you can’t handle that they buy your modest house or apartment or condo. No one likes tire kickers! But if you ask a friend of a friend if you might pop by one afternoon for a listen you might find you get a yes. In the meantime, dragging expensive=heavy speakers around town is not something your white collar hands and back are likely to enjoy no less do and you won’t do it without damaging them — scratches, dings...oh, and one last thing, do you think it should be “cheap”? People require money and no one in the AV business is getting filthy rich. I know this for a fact and now I am in the pro world and no one here is getting rich either. For a $20K speaker, how many loans would make it break even? And how many does one need to have around for your whims? Are you willing to pay a grand plus delivery, pick up and installation charges? I have a Porsche too and the only person other than me that’s ever had their ass in the driver’s seat with the ignition key besides me is my mechanic! Girlfriend, best friend? Nope. But I’ll take you for a whirl in the canyons or on the freeway for an hour. Now go buy a boat and find out what a real money pit is!