***Going Insane***End Game Speakers***Harbeth Verity or Living Voice***

Had been enjoying the LSA Monitor 1’s driven by the wonderful little Quad VA-One tube amp for the last 6 months when a nice Christmas Bonus was turned into a gently used pair of Fritz Carbon 7SE’s just this week...Within 24 hours of setting them up I hit the slots for a neat chunk o change and if I moved the Carbon 7’s out I could afford either the Harbeth M30.2 Anniversary or the Living Voice Avatar R3 or a pair of Demo Verity Audio Finn’s...No way to demo either the Verity or the Living Voice...Amp likely will not change as I REALLY love the sound the little Quad amp makes so it’s 15wpc. would be absolute minimum power on the Harbeths,not to bad into the 8ohm/91 db.Finns & would probably rock the Living Voice at 94db.sensitivity..If I ever do change amps it would be for a SimAudio Moon 240i...
Room size is apx.12’x14’x8’,well treated and I value an organic,natural sound with good timbre,soundstaging & imaging..What do you guys think?
freediver
I don't know about the Carbon's, but the Carrera's were superlative at CAF given by 8 watts of SET (headphone amp) courtesy of Modwright.
15 watts means you need an efficient speaker. The Harbeth is a great speaker but out of the question.
Devore Fidelity makes a speaker (O96) that sounds more suited. It gets great reviews and comments and at 96 dB is really going to be a lot more satisfying.

Little amps like the Quad often sound great, but you need efficiency to really unlock their potential. An inefficient speaker won't allow the amp to shine as it will be working too hard.

I've tried Quad ii monos on my Devore Gibbon X in a smedium room and it wasn't enough juice.

You need to be >95dbs like the Orangutan or others mentioned

I'm a fan/owner of Living Voice speakers, finding them to present a big soundstage with relaxed sound, small footprint & good efficiency (94db.).
The Avatar is probably the best value in the line. "Keepers" as they are rarely seen for sale.
-There is a need for more efficient speakers as audiophiles return to smaller wattage, point-to-point, tube amps for affordable, reliable, quality music with rich harmonics. I hope speaker designers are "listening".