What are the best speakers you have ever owned and why?

I just recently recieved my long awaited Shahinian Diapason 2’s from Vasken And they are absolutely spectacular! This got me thinking about my long journey to get here. Bless my wife for putting up with the many many many speakers that have passed through. The lifelong saga began with Magneoan MG 1’s back in college which were replaced by Dahlquist DQ 10’s. Then we traveled down a long road of speakers and systems. Magnepan Tympanis, Misson 770, Randall Rsch DQ10’s, Quad ESL single and stacked, Acoustat II, rogers LS3/5A’s, Linn Isobarik’s (2 pairs) B&W 801 Matrix, Hales Signature, Martin Logan Monolith2, Apogee Scintilla (1 ohm) Apogee Full Range, Theil SC 5A, Egglestonworks Andra, B&W Nautilius 801,Quad 63 and some I’m sure I forgot! Each speaker had its virtues and flaws but oh what a fun and a times frustrating trek! I think I have finally found my speaker to take me to retirement they do everything that I value wonderfully . They are detailed without sounding so, very dynamic, they have great low end reach, power and detail, are open sounding like a planner, their tonality and timbre seem spot on and they sound wonderful on any kind of music. Tell me about your journey!
hamr
I started my speaker journey 50 years ago in the service with Sansui SP-100s.  I loved those speakers, never heard music sound so good as I only experienced cheap stereo before that.

The journey went on to Big Advents in the 80s, Infinity’s in the 90s and then I discovered Maggies in 2005.  

My current speakers are 3.6s, but I am considering 20.7 and would love to hear the 30.7 just released.  Maggies are all about having enough clean power, then the magic begins.
Audiokinesis Jazz Module 2.0 + Space Generator..they go well with Atma-sphere MA-1. :)
Listening to a pair of NEAT Petite 3 at present. If you are looking for like you are there live music with great imagery and balance and crystal clear highs these could be your cup of tea!
Who can resist a discussion like this?

Less interesting to me than the identity of one’s "favorite" loudspeaker is the path taken by individual audiophiles. Watching a chronological list of a thoughtful listener’s speakers go by is to sense that person’s musical tastes and watch an evolution, as the audiophile’s disposable income increases and—more importantly—they come to grips with the fact that compromise is inevitable, and one makes a series of judgements made to serve the music most important to us. If this has gone right, over 5 years or 50 years, you’re as happy as you can be. For now.
Here’s my progression from age 17 to the present: My "reference" two-channel system:

KLH 17

Advent (Large)

Klipsch (Heresey)

B&W DM7 Mk2

Magneplanar 3.3

Mirage M.1

Watt3/Puppy2/POW-WHOW

Watt/Puppy 6/Martin Logan Descent

Sasha/Watch Dog

Duette 2/WatchDog

Magico S3 Mk2/Magico S-Sub

It works out to 4.4 years per loudspeaker. A reasonable amount of patience for one of our kind.

Andy
Post removed