CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
 Der @teo_udio900: : "  it is not the norm when making records "

In what century do you think we are living? Did you took in count that we are living at the started  2 0 1 9 ?

You and the OP make a good match/mate.

R.

cakyol

After about late 1990’s to 2000’s, most vinyl music is first recorded digitally in the studio and then pressed onto the vinyl. There is HARDLY any direct analog recordings any more.

So, everyone who THINKS that they are listening to analog on vinyl, wake up and come to the 21st century.....

Why would you think your second paragraph follows from your first?

You do realize that the majority of vinyl people are listening to are older recordings coming from the analog age, don’t you? Not the 90's to 2000s when vinyl was being produced ever more rarely.   Not only is the second hand "crate digging" market for old vinyl by far the lions share of the vinyl bought, but even the chart topping vinyl in Billboard tends to be titles from the golden analog age.

The vast majority of the vinyl I own is analog source.

And even with new vinyl releases, while many come from digital masters, depending on the title efforts are made to go back to the analog masters.I have plenty of such newly pressed vinyl.

And even in the case of digital masters used for vinyl, they also can sound fabulous (it always comes down to the master sound quality, whether the original is analog or digital).

@sleepwalker65,
I asked you a simple question on why you created this thread, and you got it removed by the moderator.
I know, for some questions, there are no answers or the answers could embarrass oneself. But getting it removed actually proved my point that this thread was created because of the "Turntable got crushed by the CD". I hope you get a chance to listen to some nice digital with well recorded music.
The comments about new vinyl not being on par with originals from decades ago is a fallacy. I have new vinyl by Vanessa Hernandez and Lyn Stanley that is of outstanding quality....the Lyn Stanley record is one in which she is using Frank Sinatra's 40's vintage tube microphone. I don't think you can even get it in a digital format.
Dear @milpai : "   get a chance to listen to some nice digital with well recorded music. "

Did you know when that could happens?, never.

As I said, to learn we have to be willing to learn. Here no way my friernd.