Hey RICH Audiophiles

Why don't one of you incredibly wealthy audiophiles whose systems I drool over every day start an Audiophile Rental business?
 Imagine how easy to simply rent a set of speakers or amp for a nominal fee so us POOR enthusiasts could demo it in our own home/system without restocking fees or massive depreciation when reselling..No more sitting in traffic,wasting gas & polluting the environment running from dealer to dealer only to be greeting by horrible listening conditions that give you ABSOLUTELY no idea how a piece of gear will actually sound in your own listening room...
freediver
Post removed 
dobnbav said, "Now go buy a boat and find out what a real money pit is!" Gee, I have a nice audio system and a boat.........gulp!

@dobnbav

Well I have a have a main system which cost over $50K. I used to have $50K speakers and even more expensive amps. So you want to hear my answer? If you can’t afford it stop asking. If you are serious then get on a plane or hit the road in your car and go to dealers who have the equipment you want. I also used to own a very high end shop in NYC.

Safe guess that a sparkling personality and a huge pile of humility have something to do with why he no longer owns a "high-end shop" in NYC.   
A woman goes in to Harrods of London and is looking to buy loads of furniture for the QE2, the salesman says 'what boat do you come from'? the lady with a deadpan look replies, 'sir, a boat is something we get into then the ship is sinking'.........
I have seen home after expensive home without a set-up consisting
of separate audio components. They spoil the decor and their home theatre room has in-wall speakers. Perhaps orchestra conductors with liberal recording contracts buy top-of-the-line audio... 
They (billionaires) DO HAVE wristwatches that cost $600,000 dollars. A McLaren or
Lamborghini could set you back $2 Million or more. Yeah, they're nice, but completely useless (0-60 in 3.5 seconds). They're so fast that you just let the computer operate the transmission. I learned to drive a stick so I could "drive" my Honda/Toyota. It felt wonderful to be in control.
They park their yachts at Monaco and drink $2000/glasses of wine. As for music for entertainment-
Mozart or Gaga? Music is an art form, not a fashion statement. I think.
As long as your toilet seat is made of gold what difference does it make anymore? 
OTOH, I feel "most" high end audio should not cost prices that seem ludicrous. 
A manufacturer of (for ex.) a speaker should admit a certain product is more of a "prototype" then a commercial offering, unless you "really"
have to have it. Not to have a reviewer brag about how great it is in a specially designed room with dozens of other components making them work the way they do. I remember seeing a demo of the (beautiful) B&W Reference"Snails" with 4 Krell mono-amps/speaker, custom Krell crossovers, custom wire, custom preamps, etc. The sound was very clean and grain-free, but not the same "wow" response I got the1st time I heard the B&W 801 Matrix speakers ($5000/pair) at a dealer. And those "Snails" are not (I guess) "so amazing" anymore. So 0-60 in 3.5 seconds
should be a guide to this hobby as well. 
(BTW Rich People- 8K OLED TV sets are coming out. OH, sorry, you already know...