CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65

Prof, I'm comparing vinyl to digital that's as good as digital gets, and vinyl is better; more subjectively than objective, but when you get into what I call the "deep listening zone"; it's no contest, vinyl is where the music resides.
Off the shelf CDs and stock off the shelf electronics really don’t have a chance. But they will have a chance, a very good chance when you roll up your sleeves and start treating the CDs and implementing tweaks, you know, like isolation, aftermarket fuses. Otherwise, forget about it. You’ll be living in Muzak land all your life. Your CDs will sound shrill, grainy, thin, threadbare, whimpy, bass shy, two dimensional, boring, discombobulated, metallic, honky, bloated, and like paper mache.
This is the same old argument and old. My collection of CD's does not sound shrill, grainy, overly bright unless that was the recording in the 1st place. 

CD sound excellent as good as vinyl and in cases better, I own both. Having said that CD sound very bad and the vinyl better. It always gets back to mastering on both formats and includes the king of them all now days streaming. Highly compressed anything sounds bad, CD releases have this, vinyl not as much so because of tracking issues of the needle. I sold many bright and muddy sounding LP's in the golden era where they had Record selling shows a few times a year in the early '80s and late 60's and '70s. 

I have CD’s that sound better than my 1st pressing of the vinyl issue. In fact, depending on the pressing the same recording could really go from great to transistor radio sounding with lack of bass etc. I never brought LP's with the RE stamped on the cover corner, that meant reiisue and you never knew, and as years marched on in general they sounded nothing like the 1st pressings. 

So I own both, I grew up with vinyl though and that is always a 1st love, the LP covers, and the size, but sound wise is a case by case better, just like the vinyl days when vinyl sold more in a month than what is sold in a year now, a lot of vinyl sucked, in the 70’s it really got bad with compression used on rock recordings, the overdubbing and so forth, so sound was muddy to overly bright, and CD cannot change any of that unless that release was totally remixed much like the Beatles and the Elvis releases over the past several years with currently Sgt. Pepper and the White LP the Beatles. 

Nothing wrong the current CD format and players, like vinyl, improved from the 20’s to the 50’s vinyl sound improved as well as recording quality. Clean your LP’s before play, clean your CD with a quality car wax both sides and you will have long term enjoyment on the format of your choice. Streaming is the future sales are in the billions and with Tidal and others for 99% of consumers why would they want to buy. $11.99-19.99 a month for unlimited streaming music. People don’t just sit and listen to music anymore that era was for the boomers like hot rods were that was the thing, last 30 years digital, gaming, and 100% portable music and today iPhones and earbuds, XM/Sirus radio for the road.
It’s very hard to prove the case for either CD or LP. Obviously some CDs of the same recording sound different on different releases, e.g., compression, remastering. Some CDs of the same recording apparently sound different from different countries, or even different cities of manufacture. Treated CDs sound better than untreated CDs. The same CD can sound quite different on different systems. LPs can sound very different on different systems. You can even prove it when one person reports his digital system sounds better than his vinyl system, or vice versa. Thank your lucky stars this debate is not going away any time soon.