Value of upgrading only 1 set of interconnects?

I currently have 2 sets of Cardas balanced cables. 1 set goes from DAC to Pre, the other goes Pre to amps. I’m considering upgrading the DAC output set to something like Teo Audio , Cerious ,or High Fidelity.

Should the 2 sets be of matching quality or can I expect a significant enough improvement with just 1 upgraded set?
128x128doitwithlife
erik_squires
All cables work on the principle of subtraction. They all take something away, leaving the rest apparently more enhanced.
Don't be silly. If that were true, the Internet wouldn't work.
Thanks for the feedback, reinforces most of what I was thinking. 

Current have Cardas Sky for speaker and interconnects. 

Room is already treated. I already address dedicated power line and  regenerator

I have HF Reveal and Cerious Matrix PCs for main power and DAC, Pangea 14SE MKII for Pre. Each of these updates brought goodness, just chasing more of the same

Once the new cabinet is built I'll update PCs to the amp. I'll be able to go with 1M cables then. 
Late answer and I agree with Lak.  One IC upgrade can make a big improvement.  Most of the time when I have added a second one very little if any difference was noticed.
As you get more experienced at this and in the sound you are hoping to achieve, you will generally get little to no satisfaction when you upgrade slightly or it was a sideways move.  I like what the reviewer for Dagogo, Doug Schroeder, said about upgrading cables or really anything in the system.  He says if you have to strain to even think you are hearing a difference for the better, then it wasn't worth the time and money to do it.  He won't upgrade to a better cable unless it is significantly better in sound--and, for the most part, it will also be a significant jump in price, too.  I putzed around for awhile with very slight upgrades or some changes that weren't even noticeable.  It was when I started doing what Doug suggested to me--upping the cost about 50%--that the changes made a significant difference.  I'll agree with those that said it depends on the sound of the system whether staying with one brand of cable is a good idea or maybe throwing a different brand in the mix that has strengths that go with the different strengths of the cable you already have and liked might be a better way to go.

Bob