Proper DAC Upgrade for my modest system.

Looking for some advice from people with lots more experience then me

My local dealer has recommended the RME ADI-2 DAC, or the New NAD 658. Buying a DAC is "hard". But was looking for some veterans thoughts. The NAD I could replace the Yamaha Streamer and get some money back.

Anyone have an opinion of the Wadia 122 DAC? I got one on clearance so decided to pull the trigger, its 100% better then the Parasound zDac Gen 1 I was running, but making sure for around the $1200 ( My budget ) price point I am making the right buy.

System is WXC Streamer --> Wadia 122 DAC -->AVR/Pre-Amp - B&K 125.7 Bi amped to KEF R11’s via Rocket 44’s.

I use Tidal for all content - I don’t do anything other then stream Tidal and some Apple Music if certain songs / albums are not on Tidal. Some day I might progress into "higher res" but the cost of files seems a low ROI vs Tidal at the moment.

Appreciate everyone’s insight on this topic.
128x128crock442
Appreciate the feedback, I guess in short I was asking for a recommendation based on current system. 

I have AQ rocket 44’s Bi amped 
KEF r11’s 
b&k amp - from everything I have read would have to spend north of 2k to even come close to an “upgrade”

and a 150 dollar parasound dac ... that i felt was the weakest link... but what I am hearing is that it’s okay for my system... even though it’s probably 8 years old? 
Ok I looked at your system & speakers..With your budget sell the AVR PreAmp & put it with your $1200.00 & get yourself a Quad PA-One...I promise you a COMPLETE & TOTAL massive upgrade to current setup!
Addendum:I guess you need to keep the AVR Pre for BiAmping though?

Addendum:I guess you need to keep the AVR Pre for BiAmping though?
 I use a Sony ES3100 for home theater purpose, simply use the aux passthrough to control volume through on source. New Sony ES series has a pretty clean passthrough from what I have read - I know its unbalanced which isn't optimal.

My goal when I get some more room is to get a Pre with balanced that can go to B&K but then I will pick up a better amp to potentially drive the towers... I am 80% Music 20% theater. 

That Quad seems interesting - never heard of them.  I can also say that the Wadia has a much better sound / sound stage then the parasound it replaced... I was just making sure I bought the right product. 
RME is very solid.

I would say room treatment would lead to a sonic upgrade that’s magnitudes better than any other thing you can do with your budget.

Quad PA-One
Their tag line:

the closest approach to the original sound

And it’s a tube DAC, so a completely BS statement, tubes by their very nature deviate from the original sound.

You made a good choice. It is a better DAC than the zDAC as you have already observed and it matches your system well. Your KEF R11 speakers are no slouch. Just enjoy your music.