Help with phono amp upgrade

Hello:  Need some input from those in the know.  My current system:
Mesa Tigris tube amp
ifi phono pre
Sansui 2050c ( older belt drive table) with Hana SL cartridge.

question:  i feel as though the IFi is very quiet and clear, but at times a bit harsh.  I’m thinking of buying
a used Sutherland PhD to improve the harshness in my system.  I’ve got around 2k to spend.  Yes, i know the table is old, but it sounds sweet and haven’t jumped at a new one... yet...

thanks ,
wb27
You can get an old Audio Research PH3-SE for well under a grand, a stage it will be a huge step up and awfully hard to beat for anything around that price.

Thanks, I’ll check it out. Not in a rush, so any other input is appreciated....
getting a new  ifi 2 seems reasonable, but looking for better... thx
Just received a new phono stage for my headphone set up that I use in my home office in which I just added a turntable to, an Aural Thrills Serenade tube phono stage hand built in the Dallas Texas area for $900.00, it is MM and MC with loading options. The first 2 hours were brutal but after that it opened up and I am very impressed, I have tried before to satisfy this price point with Jolida, used AR 3 and to many others to mention. Let me tell you something with 8 hours on this thing it is a keeper. I run an Allnic H1500 se II in my big system and have lived with the Herron,very briefly, Chinook, JC3 Parasound, Audible Illusions MB3 with the JC phono boards Allnic H1201 and others before settling on the Allnic H1500 so I have sampled some very good phono stages. After I get a few hundred hours on this ATA Serenade I will give my final impressions but if you are spending $900.00-$1,000.00 you have to give this thing a look, it is one of those sleeper deals. Good luck and happy listening
Why don’t you just try another cartridge if the sound of Hanna is harsh to your ears ? This is a nature of MC. Find a better cartridge, probably MM or MI type. The sound goes from the cartridge. 

I would recommend you try IFI's new power supply with your Ifi Iphono. I had the Iphono2 and it is quite a bit better then the original. Really hard to beat for anything less then $1000. The new power supply is not very expensive well under $100 and worth trying. Also I've read good results with pairing it with their Tube stage buffer. now that said...

If your going to spend $2k I'd highly recommend you read the review I wrote last week here when I compared the Gold Note ph10 ( $1500ish)Audionote Kit ( $2000) and the Allnic 1202 ($3800). I would also like to add in these the Manley Chinook as another excellent option in that price range.

I own the PH10 and its a wonderful Phono stage and for the money one of the best I've heard for under $2k. I'd also say the AudioNote kit phono stages (there is three) are surprisingly wonderful sounding.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/a-night-with-three-phono-stages-allnic-1202-ank-and-goldnote-...