Hey RICH Audiophiles

Why don't one of you incredibly wealthy audiophiles whose systems I drool over every day start an Audiophile Rental business?
 Imagine how easy to simply rent a set of speakers or amp for a nominal fee so us POOR enthusiasts could demo it in our own home/system without restocking fees or massive depreciation when reselling..No more sitting in traffic,wasting gas & polluting the environment running from dealer to dealer only to be greeting by horrible listening conditions that give you ABSOLUTELY no idea how a piece of gear will actually sound in your own listening room...
freediver
@ alltrinnov To be rich is to enjoy and appreciate what you have. I live way below my means and seek out activities and items that are of value to me.
I don't concern myself that there is something better out there, I just smile and enjoy what I have - and share the fun with friends and family.
+2 ditto - Bigtime
@ thomascrownafair Expensive stereo parts are heavy and difficult to move. The best component made is a friend to enjoy your system with no matter the price. It would be better to invite people over to share the sound and experience it together. To share opinions much like this site but face to face or should I say ear to ear.
+1

Sometimes we get so immured by the travels, we fail to appreciate the journey or recognize the destination when we get there.......Jim
wolf_garcia,

"Oh no! I’ve been SPEAKER SHAMED by Kaitty…"
Do not despair, you can always invest $20 in used Grado headphones and catch up with geoffkait.
"Performance" cars. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh sorry, dozed off there for a sec.
Spend your $10K on even a medium sized motorbike and experience real acceleration and performance.
Jtcf your post right after dobnbav almost killed me. Laughed for a solid two min. 
I'd happily have one of these, Please. *VBS*

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a10022304/lotus-elise-hillclimb-car-uses-v8-formed-from-two...

...sans the decals, though....don't desire to be blatant, as the sheer sound is music to my ears. ;)  Even through 'roadie' earplugs (Yes, I have & use them...I'm enthusiastic, not stupid. :p *L*

In lieu, and certainly less expensive...a '18 Focus RS Hatch with some *ah* 'reverse detailing' (removal of some of the 'obvious' factory markings to render it a bit more 'innocent looking'...more 'typical, harmless, not capable of sucking your doors off'....  What used to be called a "Q ship".

VW 'bugs' with a Porsche 911 engine comes to mind.  Made 'Vette owners pull over and stare at you disappearing....*smirk*

Renting out your audio gear strikes me as a sure-fire way to become more neurotic than you already may be...IMHO.

Y'all are welcome to drop by and listen, though.  AVL is a nice place to visit....*G*