Tube amp Low end Bass question

I use a Subwoofer with my current system (Rogue tube preamp -2nd pre out to sub, Nuforce STA200, Zu omen defs). I listen to EVERYTHING (Rock, metal, jazz, classical, bluegrass, electro/dance, etc) and love things a bit bass heavy. Now, I also love the 3d effect of tubes for the mids (especially classic jazz recordings). I was thinking I could pair up a Tube amp like an MC275 or something similar add a second SUB and adjust accordingly. 

Is anyone doing this with great effect?
aberyclark
I have tube amps and dual subs.  I use the subs speaker level inputs.  The signal is sourced directly from the main speakers terminal via an additional length of the same speaker cable used for the main speakers.
Is anyone doing this with great effect?
Yes.  I am using two relatively REL T5i subs with single driver speakers from Coherent or Omega in my SET amp rig.  Works great IF you:
1. carefully match your gear
2. spend a little time to properly position and adjust the sub response.

Do you absolutely need two subs?  No.  But a pair will provide a more even and balanced bass response and make it easier to tune for "full range" listening where you can hear the lower notes but not the subwoofers themselves, as opposed to a bass effects-heavy presentation like you often hear in bad Home Theater setups.

Those Omen's will sound amazing with a tube amp.  You need 15w to 18w to drive them well with plenty of headroom to hit 105dB for music.  

The MC275 is a lovely amp but you will find a SET will sound heavenly in comparison and your speakers are more than efficient enough to be driven by a SET in any normal size room.  

Two subs are not essential but it will improve balance.  Key is getting the crossover point and placements just right.  I have a SET amp and two 10" subs paired with standmount speakers.