Looking for suggestions on best small footprint speaker under $4K

Greetings
i’m a long time 2 channel system guy that rekindled his  interest in music and Is looking to upgrade speakers.    I just currently upgraded from a small  tube amp to a 150 W Krell amp and have really enjoyed the improved response from my  7 year old KEF LS50’s.     My favorite Brands of speakers over the years have been Maggie’s and B&W.   I have also downsized  homes and size of speaker is an issue.     Looking for the best sounding speaker for jazz and lite rock.    Attractive cabinets are important to me so I don’t like the looks of golden ear speakers..   25 years ago I loved Vandersteen speakers but they were just not attractive.

As I begin my search what would yoou suggest.   I have started looking at Monitor Audio and Salk but have not heard any.  My budget is $4K.

i appreciate your feedback.

128x128miamiangler
twoleftears1,368 posts01-21-2019 12:06pmIf you're serious about small footprint, look at Totem or ProAc. You could get something pretty nice on the used marked for 4K.

Step top up to the Acoustic Preference Gracioso 1.0 used for 1K more. Original price was 15K. One of the best bookshelf speakers I have ever heard and is incredible to look at. Very tasteful. Good luck in whichever you purchase. You’re on the right path.
what are the dimensions of your room?  Please define "small footprint", is that a floorstander 40" high, 7 " wide?  Or are you looking for standmounts?

thanks
Thanks for all of the feedback I have recieved on my first post!    I have reviewed all of the suggestions and have narrowed my choices down to the Salk Song 3 in gnurly maple with silver grey dye or the Dynaudio Special Forty in Birch gray.   At first it appeared the Dynaudio looked more like a distressed wood grey but after viewing some videos it is gorgeous.    The Special forty would provides  a smaller foot print and I have a sub woofer.  With the Song 3 I can get rid of my sub woofer.

your thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks