Audiogon member suggestions for a speaker that sounds good at low volume!!!

I am looking for speaker suggestions (new or used) in the $1000-$4000 range that sound good at low volume (45-50db).  I listen to mostly jazz and classical music late at night while everyone else is sleeping so the volume is low.  My current speakers are Vandy 2CE sigs and they sound good at higher volume levels but I listen most critically, at low volume and hope to do better.  My amp is a Classe CT-2300 with a Classe CP-800 preamp. I have a larger room 20ft X 20ft but seldom listen to music loud. Monitor of floor standing is fine.  

I understand the limitation of human hearing (Fletcher-Munson Curve) and also an appreciation of the synergy of speaker design, speaker placement and room effects.  Anyone out there have a speaker they like at low volume?

Thank you in advance.

128x1282tuby
Paradigm is going to do a Trade-Up Promotion on their Persona Speakers starting February 1st.  If you’re considering trading or selling your current speakers, you should take a listen to their 3F’s.
You need way more transparent loudspeakers especially for low volume listening. Vandy 2Ci are not good for this. The Vandy 2ci is a lovely for the money loudspeaker they have a distincly warm tonal balance and use a good but not state of the art tweeter therefore detail will be lacking.

At low volume levels you are going to have to overcome background ambient noise if any and at a lower volume you have to listen harder to make out details that would be easier to hear with greater volume.

So you need speaekers with tremendous detail, for your price range you can get a pair of Quad Z4 which use a fantastic ribbon tweeter tthat has unbelievable detail and speed, the speaker also has a huge soundstage, and has a warm midrange and good deep bass reponse which is tight.

You can then add a good subwoofer later on to augment the missing deep bass at lower volume levels due to the ear's inefficeny at hearing bass at lower levels. 

You should try to find a pair to listen to they are amazing loudspeakers for the money.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Quad dealers
Another vote for 'phones. Listening at 45-50 dB allows almost no room for decent dynamics. Forget speakers, unless you listen at realistic levels (65-85 dB peaks). 
I wonder if this person ever came to a conclusion...?
Something I would like to add, speakers sounding good at low volume is going to be completely dependent on the gear running them.  The speakers are the instrument, the gear is who’s playing and controlling what the instrument does or doesn’t do.