Zu audio

I am interested in these speakers but a little skeptical of their claims on website

eg
10 inch driver has 11 versions of nano...

"Nanotech...
Nano-engineered...
Nano materials...
Nanosphere...
Nano- sanctified..."

Who is buying this nanononsense?

recluse
I only recommend Zu if you need very high sensitivity and don’t want an industrial look (PowerSoundAudio, JTR, etc.), which is usually the case if using a tube amp. However, if you have >25W, I see no reason to look at Zu.
I have owned two pair of Zu speakers, The Union, and the Omen Bookshelf.
Both were very good for the money. The Union came close to my Vandersteen 3a sigs, but lacked the finesse.
Newer models are probably going to provide better sound reproduction, so choose wisely if you are buying used.
That being said, I think they are quite a bargain for someone on a limited budget. Of course, every manufacturer is going to tout some technical attribute of their product, so take everything you read with a grain of salt.
B
I have had ZuDefinition speakers for years - initially Def1.5, them Def2, and finally Def4. Each version has been a significant step forward. I take advantage of the high sensitivity to drive them with an 300b SET. Every company in every industry has its own marketing terminology and hype. Audio is no exception. I care less about the buzz words that Zu uses than about the sound. Some people love the Zu sound; some do not. I fall into the first group as does everyone who hears my rig. The new Druid VI are also really good.