Upgrade from Oppo Sonica DAC

I am thinking of upgrading my Oppo Sonica DAC. What would be a good DAC around 3K USD range to look at? Main source is Tidal streamed directly to the DAC. I feel my setup is lacking bit of soul in the current setup. Will a move to R2R type DAC make a huge difference?

Below is my current setup.
Speakers: Canton A45
Amp: Parasound A21+P6
Cables:Blue Jeans cable.
ranjithkp
Roon > Metrum Ambre > Metrum Onyx here using I2S connection. I think it sounds great. I wouldn't think of using Bluesound with Onyx- get the baby Ambre instead. 

Also R2R DAC aka Onyx can play MQA- just maybe not the "full" unfold, but as long as you get the first unfold (that is the most important) still sounds great. Once you get to the higher end DACS, the whole "full unfold" with MQA is a bit irrelevant as long as you get the first unfold.

Agree that sending the Oppo to Ric at EVS would be a huge improvement and may be your most cost-effective option.  However, as Oppo is effectively out of business you have to consider that investment if you have a problem in the future. 

If if it's me, and since you mentioned R2R DACs and are looking for something less fatiguing, I'd absolutely go for the Onyx if you can get a decent trade for your Oppo.  No brainer IMHO. 
I have the Modwright Oppo Sonica. It’s great. I like better than my PS Audio DS DAC. Send it to Dan.