Best multi-purpose subwoofer

Best multi-purpose subwoofer - meaning it fulfills my pursuit for audiophile 2 channel listening and my home theater needs. I have a large TV room 22x22x8 (LxDxH) with floor standing Von Schweikerts VR4 speakers. Room is used both for dedicated 2 channel listening as well as home theater. Unfortunately the design of the room is not the best as it has glass on one side (leading to the backyard) and laundry room behind (meaning its also the family room). Currently I have a 8 inch NHT SW1 old subwoofer which needs an upgrade. The maximum dimensions I can afford on a subwoofer is  15x18x20 (LxDxH). 
As mentioned I want to be able to connect a High Level Input (for 2 channel) and .LFE for HT - so the subwoofer will need to have both. Grace for dedicated listening as well as power for HT. The only time I would consider a larger subwoofer is if it has wireless capabilities so I can place it anywhere in the room. 
Any suggestions on which subwoofer may work best for me? 
128x128ghulamr
I really like Hsu products.

But in general, room acoustics and room correction matters a great deal.

Best,
E
I generally prefer sealed subs for music, SVS or Rythmik. One thing nice about SVS subs is you don’t have to worry about ground loop or ac mains hum (if you have those problems), their low pass filter will actually remove that noise.
ghulamr,

You don't mention your budget but there's a solution that'll give you state of the art bass for both 2-ch and ht.  It's called the Audio Kinesis Swarm distributed bass array system.  Here's a review of it from The Absolute Sound magazine:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/audiokinesis-swarm-subwoofer-system/

It's not cheap at $3,000 for the 4 (12" x 23" x 12") subs and the 1,000 watt class AB amp that powers the 4 ohm subs.  But I know it'll give you sota bass for music and ht because I've been using this bass system in my 23 x16 foot room for about 2 years now and it provides the best bass I've ever heard in my system. 
     I believe it would work very well, even in a room as large as yours, since it was designed for any size rooms from residential sized rooms to commercial club sized rooms.  
     Other big benefits of this system are that it provides great bass response throughout the entire room, not just at a predetermined sweet spot, and it requires no mics or room correction software or hardware, just some included equalization if you have some bass 'slap echo' present caused by bass sound waves bouncing between the floor and ceiling.  
     I run my subs configured as ported but the system does come supplied with port plugs if you prefer to configure the subs as sealed.  I compared ported vs sealed in my room and thought the ported configuration sounded better for both music and ht.   
     If $3K exceeds your budget, it's possible to create your own custom distributed bass array system using any 4 subs of your choice.  The only requirements are that you need to use at least 4 subs, although 3 may be sufficient in some rooms, and follow the specific sequential sub positioning procedure provided (which I can detail for you if you're interested.).  As the TAS review mentions, however, why bother when the Swarm system works so well and is so reasonably priced.  But it is true that the better the sub quality, the better the sound quality.  

Tim