The Tragic Decline of Music Literacy (and Quality)

128x128sejodiren
Miller- look for a band called Sammy Miller and the Congregation- record is forthcoming, but they are usually touring. Young, top tier players, big band with a sense of stage business and humor. 
I also got turned onto Snarky Puppy recently- they are no secret, I just wasn't clued in-- sort of a large collaboration of jazz, fusion and jam. 

The real advantage is that a young person's mind develops further with music instruction and education. Music benefits all other subjects studied as well. It should be as essential and as required as math, language arts, reading, writing and history/social studies.
Whatever the hell the kids are listening to these days surely must be better than being cooped up in the house 24/7 posting on forums about whatever the hell the kids are listening to these days.
You’re right, chrshanl37, why are you doing that very thing?  Two more points.  Most of us don't do it 24/7 and we can listen to music while we check in on Audiogon.

schubert, except for Franz Schubert, of course.
@whart   Thanks for the Snarky Puppy mention.  Listening right now on Tube.....how have I not heard of them?  Fantastic.....  Sammy Miller next....