need some help with Denon DL-103r OR Suggest a different cartridge

had a Denon DL-110 cartridge and liked it and something happened to the stylus and had the money , so bought a new cartridge.   picked up a Denon DL-103r, got it all setup and did some adjustments on the SIm Audio Phono preamp and not liking what I am hearing.            

I am not sure if a setting on the phono preamp is not right, but dont have nearly the overall volume that I had before and the bass sounds weird now ( speakers are Magnepan 1.7i's and they sound as if the music is distorted ?)

Capacitance : I have set at  0
Resistance :  I have set at  470
Gain           :   I have set at 66

On the tube preamp I have, the builder adds a gain dial on the back to match the amp better, and have tried adjusting that along with the main volume on the preamp and no improvement .

Is there a another setting that I should try ?           Or look for a different cartridge ?

riley804
@yogiboy 

in looking at the Grado Platinum V2 , it gives you the option of 

Reference 4.8mV    or the Statement 1 mV             which one ?

here is what I see on the site

https://www.needledoctor.com/Grado-Platinum-V2-Phono-Cartridge
@riley804

I don’t have the experience/ knowledge that you do on this cartridge and just want to get something now that is current and can set it up and get back to listening to tunes.

Understood, but this is exactly what i suggested: to mount and enjoy the music with the only difference - superb sound quality compared to many other cartridges. Grado, Ortofon or any other cartridges (depends on it's type) require stylus replacement or factory retip (or retip by third-party vendor), no difference, extra expences anyway. Life is easier with MM cartridges than with MC for sure. And while Grado taking care about their MI, the Expert Stylus taking care about all Stanton/Pickering, i believe the cost is the nearly same. Personally i just bought an original stylus replacement for Stanton and for Pickering which i can change myself when needed.
“ Personally i just bought an original stylus replacement for Stanton and for Pickering which i can change myself when needed.“

which is great as you know the places to get this.....me, I have no idea where to find this or what to look for, so wouldn’t know if I got what I was supposed to.

finding just the mounting hardware seems to an issue as how would I know what size to get for the finger lift that I have ?

as much as I like vinyl, going cd is sounding better and better 
It all depends how sensitive your phono preamp is. The safer move would be the 4.8mv Reference! BTW, you can return it if you don't like it!
@

"  It all depends how sensitive your phono preamp is  "

the SimAudio lp 5.3 has plenty of user adjustments.