Hey RICH Audiophiles

Why don't one of you incredibly wealthy audiophiles whose systems I drool over every day start an Audiophile Rental business?
 Imagine how easy to simply rent a set of speakers or amp for a nominal fee so us POOR enthusiasts could demo it in our own home/system without restocking fees or massive depreciation when reselling..No more sitting in traffic,wasting gas & polluting the environment running from dealer to dealer only to be greeting by horrible listening conditions that give you ABSOLUTELY no idea how a piece of gear will actually sound in your own listening room...
freediver
Regarding the original thread, It could possibly be done, being set up as a lease program/programs in large hub areas  sa. Denver, SLC, Seattle, Las Vegas, Phoenix and any number of the large East and West Coast hubs. Since there is a major hub within two or three hundred miles of anywhere, self pick up shouldn't be impossible for most.
There would be some limitations for both leaser and lessee. It may not be the avenue to every piece of dream equipment, without substantial cost, for the leaser nor would it be a great money maker for the lessee, but could have some mutual benefits for both.
If I win the lotto, might just give it a try......Jim

I don't recall ever going to a concert hall where I could change the programming by pushing a button on a remote control, and, it would be much more than 10 years of tickets before something like Harry Partch's Delusions of the Fury will be at a hall near me.  There are plenty of good reasons for $20k+ speakers in a nice system and the experience does not have to compete with attending a concert--it is something different.
I have almost never run into a person who did not listen to live acoustic music
that had good taste in music .Must others who go to other types of concerts do so a social not musical event .
It i also really hard to go to a concert to hear dead people. I see Caruso is going to perform at the Met? Callas? John Lennon? Oh how about Janis Joplin?
Too big of risk of damage to the speakers IMO. A couple scuffs on some 20-30k speakers is a big deal.