Technics Turntables...really???

Ok, what am I missing? When I hear Technics turntables, I think Craigslist and DJ tables. What am I missing? 
pawlowski6132
The LP12 and its Ariston RD cousins set the standard for belt drive TTs back about 40 years ago! But Time moves on ... I still have 'em and use 'em! And I have an older 1200 too! They all sound excellent!
Post removed 
Thank you johnnyb53 for explaining the design and charter of the 1200 series tables as a high end machine. It was never designed to be a DJ table, it just happened to have yet a second application due to its durability and functionality. In fact DJ’ing would never have evolved along with the music if it weren’t for the 1200’s features. The Japanese had no designs on "disco" music when these were initially made. The direct drive lent a tunable feature for aspiring musicians. I know I’m repeating what you said above but it needs to be restated. Also, there is nothing wrong with the arm. The bearings, shape and materials are all top notch; the arm is among the finest ever manufactured.
@djhappymike

I have a pair of Very Rare Limited Edition Pair of 24 Karat Gold Plated Technics SL-1200 GLD Turntables for sale. $7000 in great shape 

You're on the wrong forum.

The old LTD series is just the same old technics pained gold, technically no difference. 

New Technics is completely different turntable inside. 

@stevecham  

The direct drive lent a tunable feature for aspiring musicians.

Record scratching and fooling with a mixer doesn’t make a musician. Learning how to play instruments and sing is what defines a musician.