Well ,I got the A/V receiver to play music, but...

when it comes to hooking up the video components, I am clueless! I only get sound from the TV speakers, not through the surround sound feature of the a/v receiver..
Are there any recommend basic connection guides?
I feel soo stupid,I am guessing all goes through the receiver?
blowfin
Your best bet is to hire someone to hook things up for you for an hours labor. You'll pay $60-100, but it'll be worth it for your skill set and handiness from what you're inferring.
Another option is to get a schematic sheet from Monster Cable, that shows how all the wires are connected in your system.
Good luck.. I can't see what you got going, without going through all the options, which may or may not come across clear.
Go to Best Buy, strike up conversation with a few geeky dudes (or girl), assess who seems to know what they are doing and offer 50 bones to hook it all up right.
not trying to sound mean when I say this and its not mentioned in your thread, but have you looked in the manual. I understand that sometimes the manuals are not the greatest, but at least they do explain how to connect things.

what model receiver ?
There is a website that might be helofu. You enter the model # of your components and it will give you connections for home theatre, Try Googling, or maybe someone out there has the name of the site.
There is a website that might be helpful. You enter the model # of your components and it will give you connections for home theatre, Try Googling, or maybe someone out there has the name of the site.