Sonic Frontiers Line 2SE vs. SFL2

Anybody could compare this 2 preamplifiers ?
I´m loocking for a tube preamplifier. For my money I can buy one of this 2 models. Unfortunally I can´t compare them. I want real tube sound. many people say that Sonic Frontiers Line series sound like ss preamplifier.
I will apreciate all your recomendations.
Pablo
elduende14
I have the SFL2 and was wondering the same thing about the Line 2. As I have bought Sonic Frontiers gear since their inception, they were quite honest with me and told me that they thought the SFL2 bettered the Line 2 and was very close in sonics to the Line 3. Not sure what the changes were like since the SE mods. As noted before, the SFL2 is a two box design. I have been thinking of going with a single chassis unit and am torn as to what to try. Possibly a BAT of some type.
Hi All,

I have an SF Line 2 on the way. I will be using it with a ModWright Oppo and primarily listen to digital media. I also recently purchased a Conrad-Johnson MF2275, so there's that....

I am looking for a 'dark liquid' sound. Not 'warm' or 'bloomy', certainly no glare or blare. A hint 'woody' would be alright. Tightly radiant and/or illuminating would be good.

So what tubes can you all recommend?

Thanks so much for for all of your shared experience.

Best,
b
Hello brettmcee,
Old post I know but what tubes did you end up deciding on?
I've a SFL-2 that I want to change tubes on. Currently a combo of Sylvana/Sovtek and they are getting long in the tooth. I prefer the dark liquid sound too.
Cheers
My suggestion would be to contact Chris at Parts Connexion (one of the original Sonic Frontiers owners).  He can provide excellent tube advice
I have spoken to Chris, he provided his recommendation. I was curious knowing what others chose. He just rebuilt my SFP-1 to SE specs.