Doug Schroeder Method, Double ic

I think this topic deserves its own thread , where use double ic through y adapters , from source to preamp, Can’t connect it from Preamp to Amp...For me the result is huge, I can’t go back to single ic....
128x128jayctoy
shkong78, you are encountering the questions that happen when you upgrade and mix cables; some of the results may sound superior with a part of your collection, and some results may sound relatively inferior. I say "relatively�" because the result is far better than previously with one interconnect. We tend to get increasingly picky, even with fantastic improvements in the system. I know that even when the rig gets an amazing improvement, my ability to nit-pick details if I wish is almost unlimited.  :)

I would presume that as is the case with most cable brands, when a person moves up the line in a product the performance will improve. Whether the precise detail of sound quality you wish for will materialize given any particular interconnect, no one can say. It is possible that pairing two of the GC2 or two Kronon would be better than any mixed set. There is no way to know, and no way to predict accurately. One simply must conduct comparisons to know. 

I’m not sure the GCII is burned in yet..and, importantly... do not burn it in with any form of burn in hardware. Do. not.

It takes a good 100 hrs to burn in. Burn it in via listening at line levels.

We do indeed have regular GC Ultra RCA cables, yes.

Advertising costs on the audiogon forum ----regardless if the item sells or not.

So ....we simply do not list all of the seven different versions of RCA cables we sell, the two new Balanced cables, the digital cables (AES & RCA), nor the two speaker cables.
@ teo_audio

I will keep burning in GC2 as you suggest.

For your information, it sounds pleasant right out of box with good overall balance and excellent bass.

But it falls significantly short of detail offered by Audio Note or Zenwave D4.

In the meantime I wish you to get your opinion whether Ultra give significantly more detail than GC2.

How about Kronon?

thanks in advance

Thomas
The Teo Audio interconnects improve significantly with in-use conditioning. Other cables will too. You should condition your cables before doing up SM assemblies. You are in for a surprise. 

Everything in terms of SQ improves when moving from the GC2 to the Ultra. I presume the Kronon improves by a significant margin over the Ultra, but I don’t personally know this for a fact as I don’t own a set of Kronon cables. 
@shkong78
I had the original Game Changer RCA and liked it very much as it bested my twice as expensive Darwin the Truth XLR  that it replaced. I then tried the Teo Ultra which I found to be superior to GC in every way. I heard about the Schroeder Method at last year's Axpona and decided to try it with two Ultra's and it really worked and loved the sound....another definite upgrade. I then talked to Taras at Teo, after I saw they were producing basically a double double line of cables. Taras said that their connecting of the two cables with a connector of their choice vs the Y connector was another big jump in sound quality. The double double Ultra has gobs of detail. I believe that if I had a good recording of a pin drop that I could hear it on my system You might ask Taras about the double double Ultra as I heard it may best a single Kronon. I hope this information helps in your quest. I also wanted to mention that my system consists of a heavily modded EVS Oppo 205 and a heavily modded 30 watt class A hybrid integrated amp which only requires ONE interconnect. This allows every step up in IC to be absolutely heard and more easily discerned.