Where to hear ATC speakers

I'm intrigued by all the discussion of ATC speakers. I live in NYC, and I can't find anywhere to demo any model, let alone the sctive SCM40s I want to hear.  Anybody know a place?

Also listening to Wilson Sabrina and Vandersteen Quattro CT.   My Thiel 3.6s I've had since 1994 may have bitten the dust.
ahofer
BTW, regarding dealers in your area, the pro guys do not sell the consumer models and vice versa.  The level of customer service of the two different types of dealers is completely opposite.  Pros only sell flat black painted monitors, no woods, veneers or grilles or anything like that.  They also sell only monitors that need stands.  The stands recommended in pro are the ugliest things ever, super heavy welded steel black square tubes.  In Consumer, we have nice looking floor standing "tower" models, as no pro model would ever pass a wife's approval or survive children touching the drivers.  

Brad
Lone Mountain Audio  
audiotroy,

I understand now about consumer vs. pro dealers. When I looked dealers in the area up, I did not pay attention to that. I stand corrected. Unless OP is also interested in pro items.
Thanks for all the advice, and thanks to the dealers who reached out.  Just to respond to some of the comments above:
1) I looked at the dealer locator, but the public websites of the two dealers in the area didn't suggest anything about ATC, let alone availability of demos of the models I might be interested in.

2) I have been speaking with Coherent.  They seem to want me to self-serve repairs, which I'm ill-equipped to do.  I believe it is the crossover that is fried.
3) MusicDirect does not extend their return policy to ATC special orders.  I spoke with them.  Neither does Sweetwater.

4) The only ones I've auditioned were the Wilsons.  Very impressive image and liveliness, awesome vocal timbre, but I got the impression they might be a little fatiguing over a lot of listening.  It's almost as if the Wilsons push the image towards you, whereas my Thiels tended to create a solid image at speaker position and behind - more of an audience position.

I listen most critically to classical chamber music (my wife plays viola and I get a lot of live comparison time) and jazz (I went to Berklee and gigged a bit in my youth, before turning to finance), some orchestral and rock.  I'm listening to music, passively or in a focused way, almost all the time I'm home and awake.  I like to hear the instruments laid out in front of me, as if on stage or a small venue, each in their spot, not popping out and retreating (some mixes are deadly this way).  But I'm also cognizant of the fact that one tends to grow accustomed to a certain sound, even inaccurate.
I have a pair of the little active KEFs, and they create a really nice image. Small-scale, though.  In general, active speakers make a ton of sense, side-stepping, as they do, the first order crossover complications.

I have a server with about 1200 titles, roughly 250 High-res of one sort or another and the rest redbook.  And Tidal.
love your detailed requirements list and thoughts OP
the active filters do not sidestep the first order phase issue, they just move the steep slope filters and phase shift upstream
try to go listen to the Quattros, Jim Thiel and Vandersteen cut from same cloth. I own both. and as mentioned get time in front of ATC speakers ( yes the unobtrusive black no fuss models ) in das studio, they certainly have many virtues.
your reference back to Viola unamplified is rare, most people chase tail trying to correct for all the aberations in the chain, including microphones....enjoy the music !!!!!