Esoteric A100 Service Nightmare

My Esoteric A100 which has been stuck in a safety circuit mode after an electrical surge.  I have contacted the Esoteric Service department and the unit was shipped to TAP electronics in Buena Park CA.  I was contacted by the service department that the A100s cannot be serviced in the US and must be shipped to Japan due to a required tool that is only available in Japan.  What???  I was quoted a shipping charge in the thousands $ and that there is no guarantee that the unit is even salvageable.  The interaction with TAP electronics was a nightmare but its not relevant here.   A100 has essentially become an expensive paper weight.  I am disappointed and puzzled by the lack of adequate service support for a unit that sold for over $18,000.  Any thoughts or recommendation on addressing this unit?  I am ready to consider the unit dead and move on.  This is unfortunately a last resort plea before I drop this unit to recycling.

Regards

Frank

kimf70
" quoted shipping in the thousands " sounds very odd unless the story is not true or TAP Electronics want to get rid of this customer. Some special tools or particular know how might be guarded by a manufacturer.  

This has been an exceedingly frustrating process.  I have contacted Esoteric again today at 844-515-2065.  I am told that the unit not only needs a specific tool but a "right environment" to service.  The response from Esoteric and TAP electronics has been perfunctory at best.   I have lost any confidence I had with Esoteric and will not be returning to them.

I would put all of your problems, inquiries, and requests in writing and submit only using your country’s national mail system and request reply, response, and answers also be submitted in writing using the same system because when you use the phone it is too convenient, expedient, and time saving to just give you a quick answer so that they can move on to the next caller.
Mention you are DOCUMENTING the request for future action.Whatever that might mean. but it usually gets more than a perfunctory response. Also mentioning how everyone whom you have discussed this on several websites.. etc. Since if they realized blowing you off may lost them a hundred new customers..