Why not horns?

I've owned a lot of speakers over the years but I have never experienced anything like the midrange reproduction from my horns. With a frequency response of 300 Hz. up to 14 Khz. from a single distortionless driver, it seems like a no-brainer that everyone would want this performance. Why don't you use horns?
macrojack
Gawdbless - When you were talking about wooden cones I took you to mean conical wooden horns. JohnK apparently thought you were talking about conventional drivers with wooden cones. It is apparent you guys are cross talking and missing each other's meanings.

I agree that $53,000 is way too much to pay for speakers when you simply don't have that kind of money, which I don't. However, I have been trying to notify you people that you can acquire the same performance and comparable cosmetics for approximately 10% of that investment.

I've spelled it all out repeatedly. I've told you how to investigate for yourself. If you want me to do more, I can set you up for half of $53,000 or $26,500 plus shipping. And I can get you a deal on a bridge too. Have you ever seen the Brooklyn Bridge? How would you like to be the one charging tolls on that baby?
Macro,

Can you provide a single post with the recipe for your speakers including the end cost?

PErhaps the info has been provided but I either missed it or it is in too many bits and pieces to soak in cleanly.
Mapman - Scan back up this very page about 10 entries and you will see a pretty complete recipe for my speakers that I submitted on July 20. If I wasn't clear or didn't provide enough info, feel free to ask me questions.
macro,

I see it.

Its not clear to me what the dbx does and whether a separate crossover of some sort is needed?

Thanks.
Here is the newer PA+ version. It does all the same things that mine does. I use it as a crossover, time delay and EQ.
http://www.dbxpro.com/PA+/

With this device you can shape your sound any way that you want.